Friday 7 October 2011

1 Year.

So it's been just over a year since I started my challenge, and about 3 months since I finished it. It's crazy to think that this time last year I was living off a tenner a week to raise money for charity. And although I raised over £2000....I would never do it again. It's only now that I can look back on it and realize how stressed I was...like, crazy stressed. And I missed out on SO much! It's only been the past couple of months that I've actually gotten back into going out and having fun...and it is amazing. I didn't realize how much I missed it or took it for granted before!
I have learnt some lessons, I am still buying Sainsbury's basics range...although I treated myself to 'real' yoghurt's instead of the basics range (if you can remember my post, they weren't nice). And even though I have treated myself to new clothes, I now make sure that it's either something I NEED or it's in the sale...although I did treat myself to a new pair of Kurt Geiger shoes, which I didn't need at all...but they were on sale ;)
I look back and I still can't believe I sacrificed my living standards for NINE months, to raise money for charity. Yes it was a good thing to do, and I guess you would call it selfless, but still...I was living off rubbish. I gained 3kg from eating crap food. I couldn't go out and socialize with friends as often as most people, and I couldn't get the bus if I was tired after Uni...I had to walk. So I'm happy to admit I am glad it's over.
A huge thank you to everyone who donated, you helped me raise over £2000 for the four charities, with all of it going to VERY worthy causes!
Also I have a new blog! www.luxlife-blog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment