Monday 6 June 2011

10k Run and only 2 weeks left!

So I only have 2 weeks left of my £10 a week challenge! Woo!
Chris and I went back to Uni for a couple of days last week so we had to get some shopping in. Lol we went to ASDA and Chris kept putting things in the trolley that went over my £10 limit (seriously...as if I was gonna spend over £3 on Jack Daniels sauce!) so he was getting kinda annoyed when I kept making him put things back. In the end he got so fed up he just bought his own food. My Aunty later pointed out that we should have done a £20 budget instead of £10 because there were two of us.
My mum and I did the 10k run in aid of Tommy's last Monday. They were handing out free lucozade and snacks so I got loads :P
It was so tough, It was boiling hot and they only had one water station at around 3k's. I had to stop at the paramedic station half way round for a puff of someone else's asthma inhaler because I left mine at home :/ oops.
It was an amazing experience though and it was for such a good cause. Whenever I was slowing down and felt like giving up, there would be someone there cheering us on and it made me remember exactly why I was doing it. We raised over £400 for Tommy's - the baby charity, and are welcoming as many donations as possible for this amazing cause.
Tommy's research into miscarriage, stillbirth and premature birth and provide help and support to those who have been affected. With 1 in 4 women losing a baby to miscarriage or stillbirth, everyone will know someone who has lost a child.
From my £10 a week challenge and the 10k run I have raised £1772.61! We're almost half way to my target of £4000, so please please keep donating :) It's for four very good causes!

____________________________________________________
Budget:
£2.50 - 8 tins of tuna - ASDA
£2.50 - Lasagne dish - ASDA
£1.66 - Chicken breasts with a tomato and pepper sauce - ASDA
£0.50 - Carrot batons - ASDA
£1.00 - Mushrooms - ASDA
£0.60 - Chocolate - Work
£0.50 - Crisps - Work
Total = £9.26

No comments:

Post a Comment