Friday 1 April 2011

Alex Rider - The Final Chapter

28th March - 3rd April
So since I was about 11 years old I've been really into a book series called the 'Alex Rider' series. Some of you may have read the books. Like Harry Potter, I've grown up with the books. Each year I've waited patiently for the next one to come out, bought the new book as soon as it was released, and then stopped whatever I was doing or had planned to read it. A lot of people grow out of books, but I became so hooked on these that I never grew out of them, I just grew up with them :)
So my excitement at seeing the new book advertised in Waterstones last week, turned to sadness as I realized it was the last one. It was half price if I pre-ordered it so instead of £6.99 it was £3.49. And I even got another free book with it!
I went to pick it up last Thursday morning, as soon as it came into store, and nearly started crying as the guy handed it to me...all I could think was, 'this is the very last time I will buy one of these books...my childhood has ended'.
The Harry Potter books finished a couple of years back when I still considered myself a 'child', but with my 20th birthday coming up in a couple of weeks....I just couldn't help but feel like my childhood was officially over. It's strange how a character in a book can have such a huge influence on your life. My mum got me started on the books when I was certain I wanted to work for MI5 when I was older....the books actually changed my mind, as I realized I could never be a secret agent when I was terrified of heights!
But from the very first chapter of 'Stormbreaker', I was well and truly hooked. The only negative about the books is they all have different covers, instead of being continuous...which really annoys me, because then they don't look good on my bookshelf.
I have all 9 books proudly displayed on my book shelf;
Stormbreaker,
Point Blanc,
Skeleton Key,
Eagle Strike,
Scorpia,
Ark Angel,
Snakehead,
Crocodile Tears,
Scorpia Rising
I finished the book on Saturday - it was amazing. And so sad. I won't give away any spoilers lol. But I'm glad it had a 'sort of' happy ending :)
Also, my mum and I ran/walked 2.9 miles last week! It took us 40 minutes, and we ran half and walked half :) So that's half way to the 6 miles (10k) we need to do at the end of May. We did ruin it afterwards though...my mum treated me to a Burger King :/
How could I say no!? I haven't been able to afford a Burger King since last summer because it's so expensive now!
The rest of the week I basically worked full time at the Spectrum, as it's now the Easter Holidays!! So I'll be at home even more :)
I didn't actually do anything else last week apart from work :( how sad!
____________________________________________________
Budget:
£2.41 - Dinner at work
£0.89 - Ice cream - Wimpy
£3.49 - Book - Waterstones
Total = £6.79

No comments:

Post a Comment