Tuesday 30 November 2010

Less than 4 weeks until Christmas!

So it is now less than 4 weeks until Christmas!!! I have now finally finished my Christmas shopping! I leave for Australia 1 week today, so I guess this is my last full week of my £10 a week challenge until the New Year :)
But don't worry, I won't go crazy and spend loads of money while I'm away....I wouldn't be able to anyway as I only have 20kg of luggage allowance this time instead of my usual 42kg with Emirates :( So I'll only really be spending money on going out to eat, movies etc.

Last week was a busy week, I went home Tuesday because I had a shadow shift at the Spectrum Energy Level Gym, so I was home Tuesday and Wednesday morning. I also spent most of my week in the editing room editing our documentary :) On Thursday we were in there editing for 7 hours!!! It looks pretty awesome though and we're really pleased with it so far :) Hopefully we'll be finished either tomorrow or Friday, so when it's all done I'll put it on here to see what everyone else thinks of it! I really hope we get a good grade and I also hope Nick likes it! We're going to see his 'Kings of the Cage' MMA fight this Saturday up at the Troxy in London, we're so excited!! Luckily he offered to get hold of some tickets for us in return for doing the documentary, because we wouldn't be able to go if we had had to buy them full price, being poor students and all...so a big thank you Nick, and we're all really looking forward to seeing you WIN on Saturday night! Everyone look out for it on Sky Sports this Saturday night, because it's being broadcast live!

Because I didn't need to buy any food last week thanks to my big stock up the week before, I went out for breakfast and Waffles with some friends, treated myself to some tiger bread and also caught the bus after our late night editing sessions :)
My Dad took me to a Thanksgiving Dinner at the Reform Club in London last Friday. I've always wanted to visit the club, as I have heard so much about it from my Dad and Grandma through the years, because my Dad's Godfather was a member when he was alive. It's also been used in loads of films, including James Bond and the newest Sherlock Holmes film. The architecture is truly incredible and I fell in love with the place! So thank you very much to my Dad for treating me to a once in a lifetime experience like that :)
It was a fantastic evening and was a chance for me to meet other young people who belong to London clubs, as I belong to the Royal Overseas League. I really enjoyed it, the food was pretty good too, apart from the Clam Chowder :S I don't like Clams lol...luckily I wasn't the only one though, as the very nice man sitting next to me didn't like it either...so I didn't feel so rude not eating it haha! Now that I think about it, I really wish I had told everyone there about my £10 a week challenge...maybe they would have donated *sigh*. I should have left some of my free business cards lying around lol :P

So far I've raised £123...but with an overall aim of at least £4000, I've still got a loooong way to go, and I really don't want to let the charities down. So please, if you have any spare money at all or would like to do anything to help change people's lives this Christmas, please donate and help these amazing Charities. We all either know someone, or have been directly affected by issues connected to these 4 charities (child poverty, hardship, miscarriage, stillbirth, premature birth, Lupus, Hughes Syndrome), so every penny you donate will go to help either you or people you know, either soon or in the future.


__________________________________________________________________

Budget:

Waffles from the Uni canteen - £2.60
Breakfast from the Uni canteen - £1.40
Tiger Bread - Tesco's - £1.30
Bus fare - £2
Bus fare - £2

= £9.30


Diet:

Monday:
Brunch - Waffles from Uni canteen
Dinner - Jacket Potato and Tuna
Snacks - Banana

Tuesday:
Brunch - Cereal - Porridge
Dinner - Was at Home
Snacks - Mince Pie :)

Wednesday:
Breakfast - Was at Home
Lunch - Cheese sandwich
Dinner - Soup
Snacks - Tiger bread and butter lol

Thursday:
Breakfast - Homemade smoothie - 3 bananas, frozen blueberries and natural yoghurt.
Lunch - Tiger bread and butter :P
Dinner - Soup
Snacks - None

Friday:
Breakfast - Crumpets
Lunch - Tiger bread and butter (i don't like anything on/in my tiger bread because it takes away the flavour...so i just have butter with it and it tastes A-mazingg!
Dinner - Reform Club Dinner
Snacks - Mince Pie :P

No comments:

Post a Comment